Wednesday 11 June 2014

I might need a brain scan

OMG! Cool! WTF does a brain scan thing do? Is it a simple MRI thing that scans brains? Or is it some way big motherfucking machine that looks outa this world baby? Oh I'm going all Sci Fi man.

The sheer excitement of possibly getting a brain scan! OMG! Can I take pictures? Can I ask about the machine to the operators of it? Oh the possibilities! Such interest. Such technology. Such interest from me.

So I go to my HIV GP today (he's my GP all the time but a special one highly qualified in HIV treatment) about the very scary episode I had on Sunday evening. I was following up on advice from that night to get seriously checked out by my doctor.

I go in there and he's curious as to this unexpected visit, and I slowly go through what happened after sitting down in the chair. I tell him about the effort to breath, the effort to move and even speak at one point. The loud ringing in my ears. By this stage he's looking that very serious doctor look that I don't like.

He orders blood tests for everything, and a urine test, even though it was only a month since the last one that measured everything. He does a physical examination of me. He takes my blood pressure which is a bit high and changes one of my blood pressure tablets (will get the prescription in the morning).

Although I'm due back at the flu study next week and will see him then anyway, he wants me there in two days on Friday when he'll have the blood test results. I'm wondering WTF they might be at this stage.

As I get up from the chair to leave his office, he tells me it's too early yet but I might need a brain scan. I say "What, to see if I have any brains left?", ha ha. He laughed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment