Thursday 12 June 2014

Reply from my MP - Medicare rally POW hospital


I got a reply from my federal MP in Kingsford Smith, Matt Thistlewaite of the Labor opposition. You can read the letter I wrote to him here, about the cost of Medicare payments tripling for pensioners. 

He's informed me of a rally at Prince of Wales hospital on the 21st that he is hosting. See the above graphic. Think I might go take a look as it's close to me. 

His reply to the email was as follows:
Peter 

Thanks for your email. I feel for you and I hear your concerns. 

It is for people like you and thousands of others in our community that I am opposed to the Abbott Government’s proposed Medicare co payment. Labor will fight this proposal in the Senate. 

It is an unfair proposal and it will not work. It will actually push up public health costs as people will put off going to the doctor until crisis care is required, which is much more expensive. 

I am hosting a local Save Medicare rally on 21 June at 11am at the Prince of Wales hospital on High St to voice our communities opposition to this proposal. See the attached flyer. I hope you can make it. 

Cheers 

Matt  

No comments:

Post a Comment