Friday 28 July 2017

Bernie Sanders praises Australia's healthcare system in US senate floor (video)


Sanders is correct when he points out that Trump got it right when he said Australia has a better health care system than the US. Although it was a bit rich Trump saying that to prime minister Turnbull, who's Lieberal party is constantly trying to undermine and cut back Medicare. The Hawke Labor gov bought Medicare in in the early 1980's and the Lieberals (then opposition) haven't liked it ever since.

I don't know where I'd be without our Medicare system here. No private health insurance company would want to insure me with all my problems. I rely completely on the public system. Yes it has it's problems like any system, but overall the outcomes are far superior to the US system. It's accessible to all Australians including those of us struggling in poverty.


I think Clinton wanted to change US health care in his presidency to something like Australia's but there was just too much opposition to it over there and he failed.




No comments:

Post a Comment