Saturday 15 July 2017

Peter Short "Fade to Black" movie trailer - Dying with dignity (video)


Peter Short died a while back, in the process drawing attention to the plight of those who wanted to end their lives at the time of their choosing. Rather than going through intolerable suffering both for them and their families helplessly witnessing it. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one who can relate to that. Long time readers here will know what my wife went through as she died slowly whilst they tried to keep her alive. Her suffering made the grief of her passing so much worse. The saying "God never gives you more than you can bear" is complete bullshit. As it was both for my wife, my (at the time) teenage daughter, and me.


Peter turned an unpleasant death journey in to a meaningful and unforgettable statement about the right of an individual to end their suffering at a time of their choosing. 

It's coming out shortly the movie about Peter Short here in Australia. I couldn't figure out how to embed the video (the Vimeo link didn't seem to work) so I posted it on twitter and embedded the tweet below  :s


You can buy tickets to see the movie at theatres across Australia here

You can read Peter Shorts blog detailing his journey to death here.



No comments:

Post a Comment