Sunday 8 May 2011

Fatigue issues

Was really tired last night, and after dinner went to bed at the ungodly hour of 7pm. Was a nice dinner and full after it, t-bone steak. Simon rang at 8 and I was already in bed and had been dozing off for an hour. He was at the pub out there in the Ridge. Said he'd rather be there with me, in bed. 

Dunno about this fatigue thing. It was a bit of a problem when we were together for the week out there. He seemed to find it hard to understand why I was going to bed early a lot. Even out there I was feeling tired at about 8-9pm. Reminded him that having HIV does that, especially without medication. I find I need usually at the very least 8 hours solid sleep a night, but usually more likely around 10 hours. I'm still getting used to work, the psychologist last week said it'd probably take about 6 months to get back to the physical condition I was in before the GKC. I never found the work particularly hard before I got sick, but after two months being in bed and away from it, getting back into it involves sore muscles and a lot of fatigue. Even without the HIV. 

I hope this isn't going to be some major problem with Simon. During the week I'm hardly worth knowing, as all my energy goes into putting the 37.5 hours a week of full time work in. It is slowly getting better of late, as I'm finding myself not so tired and sore by the end of the shift. But it's going to take time before I'm coming home from work wanting to do little more than eat a meal and go to bed. He is a very understanding sort of a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment