Tuesday 10 May 2011

No strike?

It has reached a head today at work. The strike is currently scheduled for Thursday. 

Management has made a new offer. We all had to go to the management "information meeting" today and hear their new offer directly. It sounds OK to me. The wage offer has increased to 4% payable immediately, and back paid to Jan when the agreement run out. The new agreement is a 3 year one (like the old one) and the offer is 3% each year for years 2 and 3. Making a total of 10% over three years.

They also chucked in some other sweeteners. Buying work uniforms and footwear for all permanent staff. That in itself is I reckon worth a bit of money, even without the wage rise. I know myself clothing can cost quite a bit, even when it's just casual wear for a factory. They also increased the redundancy to a max of 51 weeks after 15 years service, in line with the other big site they have in Sydney (at the start they wanted to reduce that to only 16 weeks). 

It now looks like an OK offer. There will be union meetings tomorrow for the 3 shifts. I myself will be voting to accept the offer.

Went to the Infectious Diseases appt I had today, had to leave work a bit early to get to it, at the hospital. Nothing major. They just discussed aspects of how I'd been the last 2 months, and currently. Gave blood, made another appt for 2 months from now, and they said they'd be in contact if the blood results were of concern. Fine with me; I don't want to go to that hospital any more than I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment