Thursday 26 May 2011

Time apart nearing its end

Work has boiled over with me the last couple of days. 

Yesterday I nearly went home I had the shits so bad. I've been telling the dept head for the last 2 weeks that we need a casual in for a while to do another shift on the guillotine (3-11pm) but he's kept coming out with crap like we don't really need to. Slowly I've gotten more and more behind with just the work from Print dept, let alone anything else. I did finish one job I'd been on for about 2 weeks, 2.5 million finished A4 sheets. But I keep getting all this other shit to do that interrupts these other big Print jobs. 

Then yesterday the other guillo bloke decided that his smaller guillo was broken beyond repair, and declared that I was now "the man". The dept head at the time was too busy with a big client to sort out his BS. The day progressed and the other bloke didn't even bother to ring the fix-it people as in his opinion there was no need: the guillo was fucked beyond repair according to him. He proceeded to fuck around and generally do nothing. I suddenly started getting dumped his pissy little work in my area from various people.

Being as I still don't seem to be able to organise my head cognitively very well, I had to draw the line. Just simply refused to take on any more work. Told them all just to blame me, I don't care. Dept head came along after a period of time and wrote down a list of priorities and I could deal with that and it was OK then. 

Said that to him today, that that was the reason I go the shits, was because when multiple things are thrown at me I can't do it in my head. Reminded him when I told him I had only half a mind to come back to work. 

But the worst thing was that today the fix-it man came for his guillotine. He was only there for about half an hour and it was fixed, and it wasn't a major problem. And work could have been done on it yesterday even in the condition it was in. The other fuckwit guillo guy though had declared it fucked and refused to work it. I was fuckin fuming; the fuckin BS dramas he created yesterday.....

It's my last night alone for a while tonight. Simon is arriving tomorrow at about 9:30pm on the train. I'm meeting him at Central station and we will have a beer or two before we both come home here. I'm just so excited. Don't think I've ever looked forward to us being together as this time. Miss him so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment