Sunday 22 May 2011

World doesn't end

A quiet weekend, although I did end up having a bit of a drink Friday night. Hugely busy at work last week, fuck knows how many tonnes of paper I lifted. Had to change the guillotine knife after only 3 days instead of the usual week or so, as it was blunt already. Another busy week coming up this one too. It was thankfully easy work, just single cuts and no great accuracy required. 

Was pleased how I lasted the week. Seemed OK coming home after work. Didn't even feel like a beer most days and just went straight home. Hard to get up in the mornings at 6am, but once up was fine. Looks like am definitely getting back to full capable-ness with it. So will get a full pay next week. 

Learned on Friday that apparently the world was going to end this weekend. 


As I'm still here, looks like it didn't. Dammit, would've been nice all that excitement. People floating away into the air. Suppose I might have waved them off or something.... "bye darlings"....   Earthquakes galour. Followed by all us heathen carking it from god's wrath. What a way to go! But alas I'm still here plodding on with my fucked up life. *sigh*

Also I'm some kind of precursor to all this Armageddon stuff. Supposedly gay pride is a warning that the world's end is near. Well fancy that. Although it does make me feel very important playing such an important role in all this unfolding drama, I can't accept the accolades for such. Alas, I'm just a humble human being, and not involved or interested at all in some evil plot to destroy the earth. Although going to hell sounds much more appealing than sitting around on clouds all day playing harps. Stoking the fires would be much more my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment