Wednesday 14 September 2011

Constantly sick

Woke up this morning to the sound of the alarm for work. I hardly ever hear it as I usually wake up about half an hour before. It's just set to a low volume on the radio, just enough to wake me up, but I knew on hearing it that it was going to be a struggle getting up.

I lay there trying to clear the dream from my head (forget what it was now). Trying to wake up. It'd been a long night. I'd gone to bed in the afternoon before with a shocking headache from the sinus thing, had to keep taking Panadol to help with the pain. The vaporizer, although helping, seemed less effective (tonight I've moved it to nearer me). Sitting up I started to blow my nose as has been the thing for over a week now. Blood was coming out of both nostrils today, but after keeping on blowing it cleared. It took about 10 minutes to get my nose clear. 

So it was time to get dressed and all. First ting I did was take more Panadol, as the pain inside my nose was extreme; hard crap ripping off already bloodied and damaged nose insides. Head pounding from it in the sinuses. I put eye drops to do something for the eye irritation. Sat there on the edge of the bed, looked at the cat next to me (what a darling) and told her "I'm fucked puss". The cat replied "meow", in a very caring way. I think she actually understood.

Getting up though I felt slightly better, especially with a now clear nose. Had coffee, put my lunch in the bag from the fridge that I'd made. Not so bad at work but had to keep taking Panadol for the headache all day, and sinus pain. Certainly a struggle at work, but hey I did it. Not very productive but was present all day.

The HR person came and had me sign the amended thing re my new shift, this time with the correct hourly rate on it. I will also be back paid any incorrect pay.

My GP emailed me back after I sent him a thing saying it would be very hard now to pay to see him. He said that was fine and will bulk bill me now. Think will make an appt next week on my days off.

BGF rang and gave me an appt for their financial guru next Tues.

So yeah things aren't too bad eh. *slaps face* It's just hard to realise that when I'm constantly sick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment