Wednesday 7 September 2011

Work after 4 days off

Felt physically sick yesterday afternoon and into the night, and had the runs for a bit in the middle of the night. I reckon it was about how I was feeling about going to work in the morning. There a some major psychological issues with work now for me. The mere thought of it after 4 days away from the place has such an effect. 

Got there today, to stories of more people leaving. One supervisor guy has been there for about 10 years I think, and left today. Along with another bloke supervising the night shift. This on top of all the office people voting with their feet. I dunno where the fuck they found this factory manager but he's at the point now of doing real damage to the place. Someone with 10 years experience there is a huge loss for the place, yet they're so arrogant that he was going to be fired if he didn't quit. Ten years of service, but suddenly he's a fuckwit. Yeah right...  I'm glad I'm in the union.

I had a meeting with the factory manager today, with the dept head, to review the last month. It was uneventful. I got the union guy in there to make sure. I've never seen the factory manager so polite. There wasn't much to discuss as I'd done everything by their book.

Daughter got signed up with a new agency today and quit the other one. She's only had 2 days work in 3 weeks FFS. This new agency is big with branches around Australia, and says they're very busy. Told her she can start tomorrow if she wants.

I'm off to bed after a bit of dinner. Nite all. 

2 comments:

  1. Finally worked out how to access this blog and it's great to be able to keep up with your news! talk soon, lots of love. Debby (sis)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,

    What can I say, welcome to my world. Nothing left unsaid here dearie. Glad you didn't freak out!

    Anyone else reading, Debbie is my sister also living in Sydney. We both escaped the horror of a dysfunctional family in NZ.

    ReplyDelete