Monday 11 June 2012

Acid stomach strategies

My stomach has settled down a lot. Simon recommended I buy some sort of thing that dissolves in water and you drink that. He gave some weird brand name that I'd never heard before, but when I went to the supermarket this was the only thing that looked like what he was talking about.


Said that it was the same sort of thing that he meant. It seems to work very well so far. Just a teaspoon full in some water, not bad tasting at all. Can take it 2-3 hours apart, which I did yesterday. My stomach was sore as fuck in the morning and I was taking Panadol as the pain was still going into my back and ribs. This Eno though settled things down more and more as the day progressed, to where in the evening I was able to eat a proper meal.

Simon's recommendation was fish. I guess he knows a lot more than me about stomach upsets being the older man! So I got a couple of pieces of fish from the delicatessen part in the supermarket. Was cheap as anything. I usually just get fish from the freezer there, but this time thought I better follow the man's instructions, he he. Had no idea what to get, so just a couple of pieces from New Zealand looked pretty safe to me. Enormous they were, and only $7 for the lot. Got them home and at dinner one piece was enough for both of us, so will have the other piece tonight. Boiled some potatoes, kumara, and vegetables in a pot, and mashed it all up with the mixer into like a bubble and squeak thing, along with butter and some grated cheese from New Zealand. The meal was a total success. I'm not good at cooking fish but the chef had a few pointers!

I appreciated so much Simon's concern yesterday. He could see I was genuinely sick. He rang from the house in the morning to see how I was, and was a bit shocked at how terribly croaky my voice was from the stomach acid. He's always full of suggestions, and natural ways to feel better. The lemon juice thing was his suggestion too. I didn't know that lemon juice could settle your stomach, but have tried it and it works. They sell it in the supermarket too in the health drink section, a 1.25 litre bottle of just lemon juice mixture with none of the shit they put into soft drinks.

So I'm feeling much better today, back pain nearly gone, and very little discomfort in my stomach if at all. Looks like it's Eno for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment