Sunday 17 June 2012

Amazing file attachment technology

Another good thing happened last week during the whirlwind of good news. 

When I got the letter about my Superannuation from the Dept of Human Services (DHS) I then had to fill out a form to send to the Superannuation fund itself, Australian Super. Found it on their site and printed it out, a simple 2 page thing. In sending this off to their Melbourne head office I had to attach the letter from the DHS instructing them on the amount of funds to release, as well as certified copies of my Passport and such to confirm my ID. 

Being as it had taken the DHS 8 days to attach an email to my file, I soon became worried about how long it was going to take myself to attach all these things together to the form. I couldn't afford wasting another minute on this, let alone 8 days. Therefore I began a desperate search for a much improved way of attaching things together than whatever method the DHS was using.

At work I looked on my supervisors desk, and noticed a particular little pile of strangely shaped metal wire things. They were curved at the end, and elongated in a straight line, in such a way as to open slightly when paper was put in them and thereby using the tension of the wire to hold said paper together! Marvellous  I thought. It looked like it would work fabulously! 

So I took one home to experiment, and sure enough, success! Not in 8 days, but in seconds!


The beauty of this file attachment device is in it's simplicity. A simple bit of metal bent in a certain way. Easy to use as you simply pick it up, hold it with two fingers, and slide it onto the edge of the paper. Not only can you attach one file in seconds as opposed to 8 days, but you can attach multiple files at once. In only seconds! I was able to send all the required attached documents to Melbourne within a day of getting the letter from the DHS.

No comments:

Post a Comment