Saturday 9 June 2012

Terminal sunset, part 2

It's the weekend now. Have been busy at work and with Simon. I was surprised actually about how well I coped with work this week. I was very sore on Wednesday, back hurting a lot because of the stress with the money. But by the end of Friday it wasn't so bad at all. I'm wondering if using those muscles works through the stiffness (whatever has been causing it) and helps to loosen them. Dunno. But although it still sore today it's nothing like it was on Monday and Tuesday. 

Had a much closer look at the pictures I took the other day from the sailing club balcony. I'm rather picky when it comes to taking pictures, maybe a bit overly critical. But I'd have to say that I'm very impressed with the results from these ones. It's only a little $150 or so camera, but I was very pleased. Being something in motion, each picture is different and has it's own sort of feel to it.

This one I spent a few minutes just looking at the various aspects of it.

I really liked the light how it almost seems to connect with the machinery on the wharf. Like two things vastly different have somehow found a connection to each other. The grandeur of nature meets the monolith of humans. Perhaps with all our technology, we can often forget our connection with nature. 

This one had a nice sort of flow to it.

From the glowing sun, the picture seems to flow upwards to the right. It's got a nice symmetry to it.

Here a man strolls by in the evening with the display in the distance.

This one a few minutes earlier at maximum zoom on the little camera. It looses some of the clarity at that level, but I used the anti shake option to keep it steady.

And this one further back.

That's a few of the better ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment