Tuesday 5 June 2012

My Superanuation stress continues

It's been a painful couple of days. Yesterday I spent a lot of time in bed as my back doesn't hurt much at all lying down. Simon came over and spent the night, I went to bed early as I was just getting sick of the pain and wanted to lie down. Simon reckoned he's had experience at massage and so I let him do a bit on it. He couldn't believe how tight all the muscles were up the top half. I'd say work has a lot to do with it, but also stress. They'd be tight anyway from work and it wouldn't take much to make them worse enough to really hurt. If it keeps up for much longer I suppose I'll plod off to the doctors and see if he'll give me something stronger than Panadol. Something with Codeine would be nice.

Despite all that I slept quite well. Read a bit as I was in bed so early, and had quite a pleasant night. Is always better when Simon is there alongside. He's got his little dog too, just a small thing. Doesn't bark though, fuck I couldn't stand that. I felt a bit strange letting her on the bed as it'd always been pusses area in the past, but am fine with it now. She's a cute little thing, and likes me a lot.

Didn't go to the psychologist yesterday I felt terrible all day. Not only the aching back but really bad indigestion, painful, hurting even under my ribs it felt like. Was just too sore to go and sit in a chair for an hour. Emailed him and explained about it likely to do with anxiety issues. He hoped I felt better soon and it was good that the whole Superannuation thing was nearly sorted out. He's on leave for the rest of this month, so I made an appt early in July.

Rang the Dept of Human Services again today to see what was happening. It's been over another week now since I rang last week and they directed the appropriate email to the appropriate person. This time the guy on the phone put me on hold and went and actually talked to said appropriate person (Jason who is the one processing the claim). He had received the email, but was waiting for it to be "attached to the file". 

WTF? I mean seriously, what in the hell are they on about? Do they have to print out the email, pick up a paper clip, and attach it to some paper file? Or do they have to attach it electronically to the electronic file on their computer system? In both cases I can't see how the fuck that would take any longer than all of about 5 minutes. Like I said, I rang them 8 days ago. I reminded the guy I was talking to at how long this had all taken. 

Anyway it turned out that Jason has told this guy on the phone, to tell me, that he will try to have the whole thing finished by the end of tomorrow. I will of course believe it when I fuckin see it. *sheesh* Photobucket 

In other Superannuation news, it looks like I'm not the only one with the jitters about the share markets. The Reserve Bank today "battens down hatches against global storm" with another interest rate cut, second one in two months.
But of course, events in Europe, and in particular the Greek election to be held on June 17, could override any such domestic considerations.

A vote in favour of Greek anti-austerity parties could pave the way for an exit of Greece from the euro, which would in turn bring into question the sustainability of the entire single currency bloc.

Should events in Europe take a turn for the worse, the Reserve Bank has plenty of ammunition left in the arsenal to cut rates again.

We should all hope they don't need to use it.
I dunno, I wonder sometimes if people in the northern hemisphere even care what Australian financial gurus in the newspapers here think. We're so far away and such a small population. I suppose it may be valuable as a view from afar.

2 comments:

  1. It's going to be fine, my sweet child. It's all in your head, you're only as sick as you feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know....; it's all in my head..... for me that's a bit scary, as i've seen what damage is done when thinks affect your head that're beyond it's ability to deal with. I just hope it doesn't get worse.

      I still remember the time I blacked out one afternoon for about 6 hours at least. There is two theories, and I think maybe it's part of both.

      One is that it was dissociation.
      http://www.therapist4me.com/Dissociation.htm

      The other was that the grief and intensity of those emotions was so much that the experience became a traumatic event. And in such events the human mind can block things out, to protect the mind. I have a vague memory of walking around the house not being able to stop crying. Another one of ringing someone saying I was going to end it that night. ....They told me I should do that; ring someone.... All this was the beging of the head collapse.

      Delete