Saturday 8 October 2011

Delusions of grandier

Had a bit of an annoying time of it yesterday at the doctors. As I couldn't see my one again as he was booked out, again, they put me in with another one at the centre. I explained to this one that my doctor had made an agreement with the centre that he would bulk bill me (see me for the Medicare schedule fee only of about $35 I think, instead of $75). It's a bit unusual as although I'm on a low wage now, it's not quite low enough to get a health care card, which would make it automatic that I'd pay nothing. Hence given the low amount of money I get after paying private rent, my doctor has had to make a special arrangement for me. 

I didn't think this was going to be a problem, as it's an agreement with the centre management. And all I needed yesterday was a doctors certificate for work, all of about a 5 minute visit. When I went I said to this other doctor that I was getting bulk billed by mine, "if that's OK". He then huffs looking at the computer screen, and said "Well it's not really", and lectures me about letting him know this before I see him. WTF? I said I did try to see my doctor but he was booked out, and they put me in to see him instead. He says that that's an arrangement between me and my doctor, and not him. Sheesh, what an asshole. 

I mean fuck, am I supposed to worship the ground he walks on or some shit? Feel honoured to be breathing the same rarefied air as him? He's just a fuckin GP. Who the fuck does he think he is, whinging about making only $35 in 5 minutes instead of $75? To me that $40 gap is a lot of money. In fact I even told my own GP that if I couldn't be bulk billed then I'd have to find another GP who would. Don't want to do that though it would be such a hassle. 

So this doctor asked me what I worked at, told him, and also that my hours had been cut to 3 days because of illness and I was only getting just over $500 a week now. He apologised about his tone earlier after that, so I guess that was something.

Will be making sure I don't ever see that doctor again. I don't deserve to be treated like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment