Tuesday 25 October 2011

Dumb pigs pepper spray school haka group



Police in Utah used pepper spray to disperse a group performing the haka at a high school football match after supporters refused to make way for players leaving the field.
The group had travelled to the small town of Roosevelt, 200km east of Salt Lake City, to support a relative who was playing in the match on Thursday, the Salt Lake Tribune reports.
The team had not won a game the entire season and the group of Polynesian men and boys wanted to perform the traditional Maori war dance to lift their spirits.
But the gesture backfired when police attempted to move the performers on, despite assurances from officials and spectators that everything was fine.

After all the publicity from the world cup, and New Zealand winning it, could these cops really have been so stupid as to not know what it was? Sheesh.....

Feeling a bit better today. Waiting for the real estate people to come around for an inspection of the place. Been here nearly 4 years and this is the first time they've come, dunno why not. Haven't bothered cleaning much as the place is usually OK. As long as you keep up with the dishes and things like that it's no worries. And I'm not cooking Ice or growing dope or anything here, so I don't imagine anyone will have a problem with anything. After that is the guru appt, and an appt with the HIV doctors at the hospital. They should have the results from my blood test 2 weeks ago.

The Yellow Slime Disease is staying at bay for now. Still a bit of a blocked nose in the mornings but nothing drastic. I have a bit of a sore inside my nose from blowing it so much over 2 months, and am putting stuff on that to clear it up. Maybe it was simply a very bad bug I got. Will be interested to see what's going on with my blood results later today.

An easy trip to the dentist yesterday, just gave my teeth a good cleaning and booked me in for 6 months later. The nurse he's had there is leaving soon so she said goodbye and gave me a hug. Didn't realise I'd made such an impression. She thanked me for the chats we'd had, she found them interesting and entertaining. I suppose she'd not know many people, if any, who're HIV+. It's only a small dentist there, one chair with the dentist and his nurse. For the last few months they haven't even had a receptionist and the nurse has been doing all the paperwork. I said "Have a good life" and blurted out "You have to have a sense of humour, otherwise life is shit". I should remind myself of that at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment