Sunday 16 October 2011

Excitement plus

A quiet day. The sun is out and a break from all the rain we've had recently. Opened the bedroom window to let fresh air through the house. We're near the sea here and there's usually a cool sea breeze in the afternoon. Done a bit of washing and put it on the line to dry. Yes, it's excitement plus here today.

Neighbour came over, had lost his phone and wanted to ring it from mine. He couldn't find it, so thinks he's left it at a friends. Didn't even know his own mobile phone number, so I wrote it for him from my phone. He told me he's bought a hard drive to plug into his new telly. He knows nothing about computers, hasn't even got an email address. One of these people that's scared of getting into it. Dunno why. I mean I'm certainly no guru, it's just easy now to do all this computer stuff. Showed him online, Notebook PC's on sale at Office Works for only $250. Recommended he go buy one. He's thinking of it.

I just don't know how people can live without even an email address. Most forms you fill out now for various organisations they ask you for it. And it's so easy, don't know where I'd be now trying to organise stuff over the phone the hard way, without email.

No comments:

Post a Comment