Thursday 21 February 2013

Dental hospital appt

My doctor told me that the Chronic Disease Dental Scheme may be re-introduced next year but with greater restrictions on who can access it. I guess that depends on whether the Gillard gov is re-elected or not. In the meantime if there's anything wrong I have to go to the public dental hospital in the city.

I have loose front teeth, was going to get something done about them but the old scheme ended and I was left in the lurch. So I decided to ring the dental hospital and make an appt. Over about 5 days I rang, each time the phone was busy. I even looked again online to make sure I'd written the number down right. Tried again yesterday and miraculously it started ringing, at which time I was promptly put on hold. For 20 minutes. With entirely excruciating elevator music.

Eventually I got through and spoke to a very nice lady. She asked for my pension card number, and what I was needing to be seen to. She said that it required an "emergency" appt, and booked me in. And when is this "emergency" appt? Next month, on the 8th. *sheesh*

No comments:

Post a Comment