Thursday 7 February 2013

Psychologist visit

It was a short visit again of only half an hour. Looks like I'm handling the slightly lower dose of happy pills fine. He made another appt in a month instead of 2 weeks this time, as his fears of me going bananas on a lesser dose haven't come to fruition.

Probably the most significant thing to come out of it was when I was discussing how Tim and David's arguing had stressed me out. I've been there a lot lately with no bloody bed (BTW the new bed I'm told is arriving tomorrow; a grand total of 12 days after ordering it). I explained to the psychologist that because of all the intense domestic arguments I've had in the past, was the reason I found it stressful. 

Problem is basically Tim. He's schizophrenic, takes no pills for it, and gets blind drunk making his condition worse. David is near the end of his tether with his behaviour. He's sort of torn as he knows what sort of person he is underneath if he just got his fuckin act together, and he really doesn't want to desert him. As David and I get on so well, the psychologists view was that I certainly didn't need any of that shit in my life, and neither did David. I told David so later when I saw him after the appt.

It's a hard thing to do. I had to get counselling when my wife was self destructing in front of me. You've somehow got to disengage and detach yourself from the person. Watching someone you care for slowly destroy themselves isn't easy.

Worked out well as the pharmacy is right next to the psychologists office, so I got the next two months supply of HIV pills. Really good that 2 month thing. Cost $11.80 for the lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment