Friday 4 May 2012

Added direction for the blog

This blog started by me the other year. As part of my recovery process coming back from the brink of measuring plastic bags over my head, I have it seems drifted into a bit of political thinking on the blog. This has happened slowly but of a sure nature over the last I'd guess 6 months? (correct me if I'm wrong but I don't care).

This has left me with a decision to make about where I'm heading with the blog. Originally it was simply a diary about my everyday life, and how I slowly worked through and remembered and sorted the day out; daily. From there it has progressed to what it is today, where I've become very aware that there are people in other countries reading it, and that perhaps it would be a good thing to give my particular perspective online to these new people. Very slowly I found I was addressing these people in the way I wrote the blog, whoever mysterious online people they are, or care who they are. I did enjoy just being me in that little one way conversation, just throwing my new found self out there. Anyone reading the blog from a while ago has witnessed the beauty of that; me in the process of discovering more and more my sexuality.

But it's more than that. I've had a strong interest in politics for many years. Many many years. And although it's not part of my everyday life, I do find that as I recover from my mental health issues that I seem to be re-engaging in said politics. I therefore have no choice, as this blog is particularly about me (me me me darlings, it's all about me) so I've made the decision. I will be including political comments from here on.

These comments will of course be from my point of view, as a political leftie in Australia.;

No comments:

Post a Comment