Wednesday 30 May 2012

"On the road to happiness"?

Simon and I were having a text exchange earlier. He's not around until after work tomorrow and we're going to meet after work for a beer. The monster dog and all round where he is demands a lot of his attention, as well as he has to do other things. He suggested getting pissed tomorrow but I texted I wasn't able to do that with me working Friday, the day after. Four days this week.

Initially he texted "howzit". I replied with a bla that I was tired, at the pub, going home soon, and having another early night. He replied with something out of the blue that I wasn't expecting at all.

"You are on the road to happiness"

Didn't know what to think at first, had to do a double take. Replied that it was "deep", humorously. But thought about it some more. 

Coming from him that's a wonderful comment. I appreciate his experience and insight into life, and for him to judge that I've successfully set myself in that direction means a lot. Is there something he can see that I can't?

No comments:

Post a Comment