Wednesday 9 October 2013

Hassled making dentist appt

Man they must be so busy there. Again, the gov has failed people like me by killing the old scheme, then making me wait six months on a public waiting list whilst my front teeth start falling out. I tried a few times to get a straight answer by writing to my federal MP at the time (Peter Garret) and all I got was the gov election spiel. It wasn't like I wasn't in genuine need..... 

So anyway I ring the "Patient Flow Unit" to make this appt. I used the wireless home phone, as of course I was put on hold. The elevator music wasn't too bad; nowhere near as bad as bloody Centrelink's abomination. Interspersed with the elevator music they had a voice that actually informed me of my place in the line. I got to number two, waiting expectantly  then was abruptly transferred to a voice that said there were too many calls and I'd have to leave a message and they'd ring me back. WTF? I was fuckin second in the line and they did that? *sheesh*

I rang back again, this time getting through after nearly ten minutes, to an actual human. Terrible connection, I could hardly hear her. She asked for my Medicare card number, and I'm fumbling around with my wallet as there was nothing on the letter that said I needed it to quote. Surely they had it already? Asked if they needed my pension card too, but that was fine as apparently they had that one (WTF?).

I've got an appt next Tuesday.   

No comments:

Post a Comment