Tuesday 8 October 2013

Got free dental again! :)

Hooray! I'd given up!

Got a letter in the mail today telling me to make an appt at the dental hospital in the city. Can't even remember how long it's been on the waiting list, at least six months. I had to go and spend some of my redundancy money at a private dentist in the mean time, otherwise I'd have been walking around with no front tooth. I could handle that for a week or so, but not fuckin six months.

Will make an appt for a cleaning and check up.



This is really good news. I've been worried about WTF I'm going to do about looking after my teeth. Fuck, there's no way I can afford any dentist at all once the redundancy finally runs out. Of course being HIV+ requires rather a lot more care than someone without it. When the mouth goes hay wire it can affect your whole body.

I'd have to summarise that this whole dental thing was atrociously managed by the Gillard Labor gov. Yes I realise that the old Chronic Disease Dental Scheme was being badly abused by people who could afford to get their teeth done themselves. Yes I realise there were more needy people that needed targeting by the available money. But I was one of those people that needed it.  Why the hell did the gov leave me and many others completely in the lurch? Surely they could of means tested the old scheme just in a transitional phase. Even make the requirements the same as the public dental hospital. Was that beyond their bloody capabilities or something? How much are these unrepresentative swill getting paid?

No comments:

Post a Comment