Wednesday 9 October 2013

Psychologist visit for the month

I'm back to seeing him once a month again after the rather severe hiccup a few weeks back. I can always ring and make an earlier appt if I need to. 

This visit I was discussing the difficulties that David was having (on top of everything that's happened to him over years - which I won't get into here) with the current work situation after the discrimination episode. He was really affected by it emotionally as I've said, and going back to the same place that the nurse involved worked at was nothing less than traumatic for him. 

He's also had huge difficulties with money as a result of missing work so much initially. Last fortnight he was getting less than what I was getting from Centrelink FFS! So then he's been taking graveyard shifts, which pays more but really exhausts him being positive.

Then he's had to deal with the bullshit crap from his schizophrenic drunk ex, moving in here with two cats, and living with my daughter who's, well, a female of which he's never actually lived with before (being part of the gay world his whole life). The frustrations and anger he's felt about things don't go down too well with her when it's her time of the month and he's not even realising where the anger's coming from.

In short, he's been having quite a hard time of it lately. I said that I've been worried about him, aren't at all angry but concerned that he's facing either dealing with the anger at it's source or having it come out when discussing something else entirely unrelated. The best thing for me to do is simply be there for him and know that I'm supporting him.

No comments:

Post a Comment