Tuesday 16 February 2016

ACL head worried people will think he's gay - if marriage equality :s


Talk about a Freudian slip up. Lyle Shelton, head of the evil hate group the Australian Christian Lobby, has said that he's worried that if gay marriage goes ahead in Australia then "it’s no longer assumed ... that I’m married to a woman. So that affects me straight away"

Well well well .... 

This has to be the most pathetic reason ever uttered in public against gay marriage. According to this, David and I can't be allowed to get married because of this man's insecurity about his own sexuality? His worry that people might think he's one of those dreadful dastardly poofs about to bring down the foundations of society just by being who they are? 

What a conceited, selfish, incoherent prick. All he has to do if he's worried about that is to call his wife "my wife" when speaking of her, instead of "my partner" or "my husband". Can he not use the word "wife"? We can't get married because he's not capable of speech or something? Absolutely pathetic.

Reminds me many years ago when I was in a straight pub, this guy at the next table looked very decorated sort of thing. Even to the point of having a toe ring. A toe ring. Have never seen one before on a guy. Anyway during the conversation at the next table he was heard to say "I don't want people to think I'm gay". Hmmmmmmm........

The below video has the pertinent part at about 12min:30.
Shelton was asked on Sky News on Sunday night how allowing same-sex marriage would affect his own marriage. 

“If the definition of marriage is changed, it’s no longer assumed ... that I’m married to a woman. So that affects me straight away,” he said. 

“So you’re worried that people may think you’re gay if the law changes?” host Patricia Karvelas asked. 

Shelton replied: “They may or may not, but certainly the terms of my marriage have changed, and of the millions of other marriages in Australia”. The Guardian


 

No comments:

Post a Comment