Thursday 25 February 2016

NSW parliament makes "living apology" for the violence suffered by 1978'ers - first Sydney Mardi Gras


I knew there was violence but I had no idea it was as bad as I recently found looking it all up. Police took off their badges a basically laid into them. 

This is an historic and very very long overdue apology for the police brutality suffered and the media demonisation that followed. It's taken 38 years, as I said, long overdue

One can only hope the New South Wales police will also apologise for it's criminal thuggery that night. Not holding my breath for that one.

Watch as the apology is made, interrupted on occasion with much applause by those in the gallery. I cried. A lot.

Liberal MP Bruce Notley-Smith  makes the gov apology here.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment