Sunday 4 March 2012

Four day week?

Feeling tired again today. Worked my fuckin ass off yesterday at work. Friday night the agency bloke did fuck all, probably only about a third of what you'd expect. I'm wondering if he was given other work to do, as what was done on my machine was so little. So anyway I'd expected three more pallets to be cut than there was, and so had to do them on Sat myself. And then get into what I was supposed to be doing on Sat. 

I'm really starting to think that working Tuesdays again, as was put to me last week, is a good thing. At the moment it seems like I've got no control over the work area as I'm only there 3 days. This other guy is just fucking around while the work builds up more and more to impossible levels. A forth day would help a lot to alleviate that situation. 

Also he factory manager (the one that gave me all that trouble last year over days off and put me through hell over it) has been fired. He was a big reason for the 3 day week in the first place to address the conflict over my days off after I was out of hospital, to see various doctors. Now that he's gone, the way seems open to a more flexible working environment. Without the angst if I do need to have time off. It's almost to the point now that it's more stressful to work only 3 days as the work build up itself is getting so bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment