Wednesday 7 March 2012

Invaded by hate

Simon left this morning. We both had a bit of a disturbed night. I think we both were unhappy about him going. We said goodbye early this morning as he went and got the bus to Central Station. Hugged. He's back in a couple of months, for a month, looking after his friends place again opposite Botany Bay. We got on so well this time. I know I'm going to miss him a lot now. Just having him there next to me in the night was something very special. Even just holding each other I could feel the electricity between us. We would sleep together connected like that.

Went to work today and we actually seem to be making headway into the build up in Print. The dept head I sent him an email yesterday about working Tuesdays, saying that it was fine with me. He came and had a chat this afternoon and will let me know what the story is each week. 

I appear to be over the diarrhea, but also had to take an extra half a tablet or two today at work of Endone. Think I may try just taking Panadol and see how that works. Am leaving out the Lyrica for tonight to see how I am in the morning. These pain pills are convenient, but I don't want to end up relying on that convenience in everyday life.

Was a very nice meal in the cafeteria today (*faints*). Lovely chicken things with a lemon sauce and vegetables. Enjoyed it a lot. Don't mind paying $7 or so when the food is good. 

Sat and watched the telly there as I ate. "The View" was on, from America. Was disgusted when I saw them refer to that Kirk Cameron and his recent appearance on some show. He was asked about gays, and fuckin may the universe help any of his kids if they end up being gay. I get so angry when I see this. People aren't given the airtime here to preach hatred like this. Yet there I sat, and from the other side of the world I had to cop this shit, after working hard all morning, whilst I ate my lunch:

Words cannot describe how I feel watching that. There are so many emotions. So many thoughts. How the fuck can someone even suggest that gay marriage threatens the foundations of civilization FFS? How can someone feel so threatened by people who are so non-threatening? 

Personally my opinion is that he's gay himself, and is reacting to his feelings inside. He gives a big insight into this when he talks about feeling a certain way doesn't mean you should act on it. I'd suggest he may have some secret guy on the side, like many evangelical American preachers before him.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmmmm....... A mysterious deleted comment.......

    May I ask jcm manuel, would you care to elaborate?

    ReplyDelete