Saturday 10 March 2012

Working 4 days a week

Talked with the dept head yesterday about what exactly he wanted re me working Tuesdays. He'd said nothing to my supervisor about it, so I said I thought he needed to clarify it all. Had a short discussion with both the dept head and supervisor together, and he wants me to start week after next doing 4 days. Officially it will still be a 3 day week, and the Tuesdays will be extra time. He said to try that for a couple of months to see how I went.

I'm quite pleased about it. I actually never thought I'd end up increasing my hours again, being consigned to poverty forever more. But with the asshole factory manager being fired there's a friendlier atmosphere about the place, and I mentioned that I hoped the new regime (whatever it'll end up being) will be much more reasonable to deal with. 

Personally I suspect the asshole factory manager was being discriminatory to me as I had HIV, but of course I can't prove it. That whole episode with him going bananas about my absenteeism last year was very dark and stressful. I came very close to telling him to stick his fuckin job, but I'm glad I didn't now. Hah! He got fired. Good fuckin job. I won. Or more exactly, we won; us workers united in the union and stood up to the idiot. What an incompetent fool he was. No idea how to deal with people. Just a bullshit artist and a Capitalist thug. 

So now it looks like life will be a lot easier with day to day survival with money. I certainly won't be rich, but the extra days pay will really help. The agency bloke has hung himself pretty much. Coming in on afternoon shift and doing about half of what he should have. This bloke is getting about $5 an hour more than me, and fuck knows what the agency is charging the company for him. It'd have to be about $50 an hour, flat rate. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment