Thursday 1 March 2012

A wonderful reaction

I've recently gotten back into contact with a sister in New Zealand. We used to write the occasional letters back and forth, but fell out of contact for (must be) nearly 5 years I reckon. She got my email via a chance meeting with the only other person who has emailed me from NZ; my oldest brother's wife. 

We've done the usual hello and various chit chat things last few months. I spend half my life online, but evidently in NZ they don't. Dunno what it is about the internet and NZ, it just doesn't seem to get used by as many people over there. Or maybe it's the typing thing. I (very progressively at the time) spent six months in high school learning how to type. Typing just wasn't done by blokes back then, they weren't even electric. I think it was an elective I took, and me and a couple of other boys were the only males in there. It was the first year the high school had offered typing to boys. The room was filled with manual typewriters, and part of learning to type was about how to press the keys with enough pressure to make an image on the paper.

Anyway, I felt it was time she knew more about me than just the chit chat. In reality we'd not shared much of each others lives in decades. So I sent her the link to my blog. She didn't know that I'd jumped the fence, or that I had HIV. I had no idea of what her reaction might be. So I was very interested to open the reply when it came. Um, I won't correct the spelling, apparently that's how Kiwis email!
thankyou so much for sharing your life with me. i love you so much and you have me on your side supporting you. im here if you need support even just to talk to someone. simon sounds like a soul mate for you and im so glad you have found him. i have considered suicide a couple of times but havent succeded . a real close male friend of mine jumped off paritutu and died. i can now understand how my family would feel if a had managed to be with mum. i cant stop thinking about him the good times and how things could have got so bad. i wish i could be with you as a sister and a friend . you have been through so much and in my heart i so want to see you again.i will save up and come to you for a while just to be there with you and be together . i am so over the moon that you have entrusted me with how you are living. you have my heart and i am proud to say you are my brother.all my love to you please contact me asap as every time i hear from you is so precious even before i read your blog all my love your sis _____
What a wonderful reaction... 

1 comment: