Thursday 9 May 2013

A new chapter

Just realised the date, right at 10:30am. 

It's been 7 years now since my wife died. She waited overnight for me to be there, and she died half an hour after I arrived for the daily visit, with me sitting next to her. Right at 10:30. It's one of those moments every year when I stop and reflect, remembering the person she was and how much we loved each other.

Is a touch ironic this year. David is finishing his move to my place tomorrow. He's the first person to be doing that since I met my wife many years ago. It's a big step for both of us. Although it's been about 7 months I don't think either of us would have been ready to live together any earlier than this.

Was wondering what was going on in my head yesterday. Didn't realise the 9th was so close. Was in a very quiet mood, didn't leave the house all day except to go to David's after his work. Now I realise why.

Very much looking forward to tomorrow. We're going to see Star Trek in the afternoon too at Imax in the city. 

For the moment though, it feels sort of bitter-sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment