Wednesday 1 May 2013

Australia Post lost another book

They've lost my daughters book this time :s

She ordered one for her job, some kind of reference book I dunno. She couldn't pick it up from the usual post office as she was working, so asked me to go get it at another one closer to home and she had it transferred there. The distance by car between these two post offices is five min's max.

So I went in there last week with the little card they put in the letterbox and photo ID, my daughter also having to sign it that I had permission to pick it up. The line was out the bloody door, seriously fucked up man. Eventually get to the counter and they scan it, telling me it's not there yet as it takes 3 days to get a parcel from the first post office to the second. WTF?

A week goes by as my daughter can't get time enough off work to get it (it takes ages in that bloody line) and so I go in again to the second post office. They tell me it's "in transit" (WTF?) and then they say it's at the first post office, after going to another completely new post office and been sent back to the first post office (WTF? :s). So I tell my daughter this and she arranges specific time to leave work and get it (allowing for the waiting in line time).

She rang me yesterday afternoon, saying she'd gone to the first post office and they said it was now at the second post office (where my daughter first wanted it transferred to). According to the tracking records online however it'd never been to the second post office, only to the completely new third post office. 

So now neither I or her has a clue WTF Australia Post has done with this book of her's. Today I sent a small screen shot of the tracking record that shows all of this, to her phone, so she can see it and know what she's talking about with the Neanderthals behind the counter. Or she might ring them, dunno. 

In any case, at this stage the book is completely lost and nobody knows where it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment