Thursday 23 May 2013

"I can't change my principles"

Federal opposition front bencher Joe Hockey has commented that he's still going to vote no for marriage equality, even if leader Tony Abbott allows a conscience vote. This in itself is not remarkable, as there'll be a who bunch of them on that side of politics who'd do the same even if another vote come up before parliament. What struck me here was the reason he gave to not change his stance, saying:
He added that his personal view was that marriage was between a man and a woman. 
"I can't change my principles and what I believe in, and that's the way it is," he said. more
Well Joe, if you ever read this, or ever get around to actually considering the position of LGBT people, hear this. I can't change my sexuality and who I am, and that's the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment