Wednesday 12 May 2010

Doc pulls out the big guns :)

Well the doctor says my lungs are congested. Not surprising given the disgusting crap I've been coughing up and blowing out my nose. Ugh, too vile to describe. This is the worst cold/flu I've had since getting HIV. Have felt like shit for at least 2 weeks now.  Oh how very pleasant....

There is of course the temptation to over analyse, and to worry myself into a worse state! That said it has been a bit worrying as the thing itself slowly got worse and worse. In the past haven't needed much antibiotics and the like even when hit with a full on flu. Generally it just runs its course and that's it. This time however I was left wondering when the bottom was going to come. Immune system is bravely fighting on, however there does come a limit to it's capabilities even when healthy.

Been given strong antibiotics now. Doc has pulled out the big guns! Have to go to work today, got no sick days or holidays to draw on. I did want this year to be better with me as far as absenteeism from work went, as last year with my head the way it was I missed heaps. This year though my body is letting me down a bit. Rather disappointing. I guess it just comes with the territory now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment