Thursday 20 May 2010

Dummy Spit.

Again, a few things on my mind tonight.

Many years ago I used to belong to a weirded out Pentecostal church. I studied at their Bible College in St Paul, Minnesota. The course gained recognition there by that state as legit. After 3 years of study I returned to New Zealand and for a very brief time was a licensed Minister in the United Pentecostal Church there. I left the church after about 6 months, the biggest reason being that I didn't like what it had turned me into.

I had become a judgmental, condemnative asshole, who had not the slightest compassion or feelings for those outside of my beliefs. Today I try to be empathetic to all. Well I do fail there but I do try, much better I guess. Likely my failures of late the result of my brain collapse last year and the necessity of actually considering myself first.

I looked up that church's site recently. They have chosen on their main site, under the subheading "Doctrine", second on the list, this fuckin condemnation about who I am now:

Inasmuch as some segments of liberal Christianity have expressed a willingness to accept the so-called “gay rights” movement as a legitimate lifestyle, and
Whereas the inerrant, inspired Word of God emphatically declares, in Romans chapter I, homosexuality to be vile, unclean, unnatural, unseemly, and an abomination in the sight of God, and
Whereas the United Pentecostal Church International is a fundamental Bible-believing organism entrusted with a divine destiny to provide spiritual direction to a wayward world,
Let us therefore resolve that the United Pentecostal Church International go on public record as absolutely opposed to homosexuality and condemn it as a moral decadence and sin, and do hereby encourage prayer for the deliverance of those enslaved by that satanic snare.
UPCI
Homosexuality 
Fuck, they quoted just one scripture to condemn us all.... I wonder if they have any idea what it's like to be on the receiving end of that sort of hatred, simply because of who I am. Fuck the church, fuck Christianity, if they're going to fuck me over like that. They can take their fuckin Bible and shove it up their fucking ass; given the experiences of fundamentalist Bible bashing preachers, they'd likely enjoy it.

I have a couple of old friends from my American Bible College days now viewing this blog (hi guys *waves*; will you ever email again after this post?). I have no idea how they can reconcile their beliefs, with me. The description above of me, makes me feel physically sick to read.

Anyway, enough of that shit. Tomorrow I'm off to Planet Positive. Given the thoughts above I will probably get a bit pissed (drunk).

I will also be making a new page about this on the right. Am currently researching thoughts and facts, when I start posting there it will be under construction and a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment