Monday 3 May 2010

A new pill for me!

Well it's nothing extravagant. I'm taking part in a trial of a fairly new high blood pressure pill, so that the health system here will be able to inform doctors who don't know about it exactly the method of treatment in varying situations. Am joining about 100 people already on the trial. The drug has been here for about 5 years they tell me but few doctors know about it, despite the fact it has been very successful overseas. The visits to the doctor, the trial people, and all tests are free. As well as the first months pills, after which they're on the PBS already anyway. It will be only one pill instead of the 2 I take now. Save about $25 I suppose. The first month a $50 saving as 2 prescriptions being replaced for free.

They were all very thankful for my participation. The first time I've ever done anything like this in fact. Am very happy however to give back however possible after receiving so much care and attention off the system here.

Just as an aside, last year in the intensely suicidal period, I always kept taking the blood pressure pills. I thought that was hilarious even at the time; that I evidently thought that if I was going to top myself I should do the right thing and die with my blood pressure under control. WTF? Likely it was because I only had half a functioning brain at the time that was completely unable to think logically. In hindsight I may have simply stopped taking them, loaded myself up with hamburgers and chips full of salt and fat day after day, and waited for the moment when my head would explode in a stroke so powerful as to leave a blooded mess all over the place worthy of a scene from "Alien".

Alas though darlings, my mind was inept at the time. Lucky for me.

(*ha ha ha ha............*)

PS. My humour at times can be very dark. It does help :)

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud at this one. You know so often people say 'I LOL'd' but they don't really mean it, they just mean they found something quite funny. But this? This I literally let out a big cackle. :)

    ReplyDelete