Tuesday 11 May 2010

Getting sicker, slightly worried.

Getting sicker. Ugh. Starting to get me a bit down. Another day off work today, without pay. Just couldn't get up, takes about half an hour to cough up all the crap from overnight and get it out of my nose. Also noticed a couple of tiny cuts on my hand have been very slow to heal, getting infected and needing strong antiseptic. Quite unusual. Off to doctors later this afternoon, I imagine just another course of antibiotics. Slept nearly all morning, about 13 hours in all overnight. Still feeling a bit tired, just thought I should get up FFS!

Am starting to get a bit worried about this one, although I guess I could have been a bit more proactive about getting more meds for it. Likely it's nothing major, just a reminder that I do have HIV and it does take longer for me to recover from something relatively normal.

Haven't been well since the police beating. Immune system has been flat out I guess.  Have lost 2 kilos since then, just discovered on scales yesterday. Night before last massively vomited in the middle of the night, then a bit later massively other end. May have been not much at all, just that my bowels and stomach were having problems with digestion and the germs involved.

*Makes mental note* I really do need to be much more aware about taking better care of myself. It seems that a minor thing like a bad cold, if not looked after properly, can lead to other more serious complications.

No comments:

Post a Comment