Saturday 29 May 2010

Weekend, rejuvination time.

Another Sat. I so welcome the weekends now (not that I didn't before). By the end of the working week it becomes a supreme effort to get out of bed when the alarm goes off at 6am. I've tried lately using the alarm clock instead of the mobile phone alarm, which is much better and less stressful when waking to the radio instead of an ear piercing alarm. Can sort of lie there in a catatonic state for a bit before the dreaded rising from the bed.

Then follows the pill taking ritual. Have a glass of water at the ready by the bed, sit there and proceed. The amount fluctuates as some are only a temporary course of something. But we have the regulars, 2 happy pills, 1 blood pressure, 1 pain pill (still for the knee but it's getting better), 1 anti-inflammatory (knee still), and last week was taking a stomach tablet for acid for 5 days (side effect of the finished Penicillin course). Then when I get to the kitchen I try to remember a vitamin C tablet, and a multivitamin. A total of 8 tablets just to start the day. And I'm not even on any HIV meds yet. 

It goes on. I usually need 2 or 3 more pain pills through the day at work (still much better than before) and another anti-inflammatory at night. Making 11 or 12 pills for the day. Ack, no wonder I feel a bit nauseous at times! Generally in the morning only though. With the extra stomach pill this week it seemed to affect everything else somehow. A few days at work in the mornings was feeling quite spaced out. Rather pleasant really, and entirely legal. 

So anyway when I finally get out of bed Sat morning I've usually slept 10-12 hours. Today I had a kitchen full of dishes to wash as just didn't have the energy to keep up with them through the week. The weeks laundry, the weeks rubbish in the bin, etc.  Everything else seems to take a back seat to simply getting to work and performing there.

Later today will wander down the road for a beer and chat with the locals at the pub. Am quite friendly with a couple there now. Those two even know I'm HIV positive. Dunno, seem to enjoy my company and I theirs. Just a way to get out of the house for a bit, no big piss up. 

Counting down to the country visit now. Am a bit scared as I haven't been out of Sydney for that long in years. Worried about the cat as we're very close don't want it to fret, getting daughter to mind it and give it attention.  And have this irrational fear thing of leaving the house for so long, I've found this place very protective on many occasions last 18 months. It has been a safe haven from the world outside, old fashioned double brick walls, small windows, quiet and separate from everything out there. When times have been too much, I've been able to retreat within it's walls and feel very safe.

Taking the PC, it's only a little notebook. Can't get online on it out there though, did  look into connecting wirelessly. But they're talking hundreds of $, weird equipment, even gov subsidies to help FFS! The Community Centre there has free internet, but I won't be stressing about it. Probably do me good to unchain myself from the net for a few days! Likely will just post something in Word and sort it out when I get home. I have found this posting stuff almost daily extremely helpful to my head. I will miss that being away from the net. 

No comments:

Post a Comment