Thursday 6 June 2013

Unions launch new campaign

Haven't kept up with what's been going on with my union lately. I imagine when Abbott becomes PM in Sept (more than likely) he'll be baying for their blood. Can't imagine much pleasantry between unions and Abbott; one of the architects of Howard's WorkChoices that saw his gov chucked out and Howard lose his seat. Those nuts have had the same rhetoric for decades. Unions are evil, enemy of capitalism, destroying jobs, bla bla bla.... If they had their way everyone would be working for $10 an hour or something stupid.

I'd not like to be a worker under an Abbott gov, without at least making sure I was a union member. I wouldn't trust Abbott as far as I could spit at him. The wing nut extremists in his party are all lining up behind him getting ready for an Abbott gov. I know that I'd have been fired when I had kidney failure had I not been a member of a union that supported and stood up for me. 

So take note darlings. Join up in a union. It's simple insurance against being done over.


No comments:

Post a Comment