Friday 17 June 2011

CD4 count 660

Needless to say, I've had today off work. Oh well, shit happens. Yes in the perfect world I'd not have gotten rather pissed last night, or had a few puffs of dope. But alas the world is far from perfect. OK I've missed work again and may be a bit short on money next week, but for a while there I was able to forget about everything and just be happy. 

And fuck me the rain has ended and the sun is out! I'd almost forgotten what it was like to have sunlight without clouds and rain. It's so bright. Am doing a bit of washing, and the cat is outside sitting in the bright sun. 


 She just sits there sometimes watching me hanging the washing on the line. That's a little garden the neighbour has planted outside my back door, herbs and stuff. A bit overgrown with weeds at the moment after 2 weeks of rain. It seems to be going very well otherwise. The cat shits and pisses in it so I guess that helps.

Got some interesting news off the HIV team as I emailed them asking why I was to come in early, and what the results of the last bloods were. CD4 count is at 660, cripes I nearly fainted, replied asking if that was a typo but it wasn't. Fuck I'm not even on medication. The viral load has showed an increase however and that's why they want to take more blood.

I'm surprised about how high the CD4 count is. Has never been that high when not on meds. I have been having blueberries as a blog reader has told me of his experiences with CD4 count and the blueberry thing. They're out of season here but you can get them all year round as they sell them frozen in the supermarket too. I noticed also the other day in the health food shop (Simon was dragging me around looking for magic cures) they had blueberry juice, that you would mix up into a drink. It's supposed to be some sort of "super food" as they say. There may actually be something to eating them that has a direct effect on the CD4 count. I can't think of any other reason my count would be so high.

No comments:

Post a Comment