Saturday 4 June 2011

Something worth living for

Finished the working week and realised had worked all of it this week. It's made a difference having someone there carrying on doing afternoon shift. Dunno how long he'll be there, but I can't see any drop off in the work in the immediate future. And it's just too much for one person, no matter how healthy they are. The guy can't believe how much work there is to do, and that there hasn't been an afternoon shift in the dept for ages. Ever since I stopped doing it in 2009. 

I dunno what's been going through the mind of the dept head, but he seems to have no idea of the work load. Told him the week before last that it's too much, his answer was that it "doesn't need to be done all at once". WTF? Well when is it supposed to get done then? If it's continually being put off for other more urgent things, it never gets done. I'm beginning to think the guy is incompetent. 

Years ago when another dept head was in charge, and before we merged with the empire, we used to have two large guillotines including the one I'm working now. There were two operators on day shift cutting what was coming out of Print Dept. And sometimes I'd be spending time on  afternoon shift cutting as well. All this just to keep up with the work. But when we merged with the empire, the morons got rid of the other large guillotine. So now, with the same amount of work, there's only one guillotine to do it, and until this week no afternoon shift either. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out it's an impossible task. The present dept head wasn't here when we had the two large guillotines, so he just doesn't seem to get it.

Have a shocking headache today. Simon is stopping by this afternoon, and we may go out or round to his friends place. We went to the local pub last night for a few. Hmmmm, maybe that's the reason for the headache? Having a coffee and some Panadol, seems to be helping a bit.

Have been thinking a lot about the intensity of the sex we've been having. I thought perhaps a reason why I find it so moving is because there's been very few times in my life that I've felt happy. Which I do with him. Perhaps some of the crying is tears of relief, particularly after the recent shit I've gone through. Finally something that makes life worth living for. Finally something that makes me happy. It's been a long time between drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment