Tuesday 28 June 2011

Romantic Tragic

Went yesterday afternoon to the psych appt. It was a nice day in Sydney, cool but not overly so. I left a bit early to avoid the public transport crush of school kids at 3pm, and had a couple of quiet beers at the Oxford hotel. Sitting out on the balcony took a picture or two, and after I left just near. A relaxing time.



Went to appt and discussed my dramatic weekend episode. The view being that I'm missing Simon, and had sort of a reaction to him leaving. We discussed openly how suicide had been an option in my head for so long, that it's natural that when I get into such a frame of mine my head will naturally go to a solution such as that. He wants me to go back next Monday because of such strong suicidal thoughts happening again.

Am feeling a bit better today. Went to work, although just until 1pm as had to leave for the Infectious Diseases appt. Gave them the cert that work has been having a spastic about me giving on days next to the weekend I'm off, got one off the psychologist. Had to ask my immediate supervisor though about it as it was written on stationary from the centre with HIV/AIDS and all on it. Asked who sees these certificates? They said to just cut off the top and bottom bits, everything else was there.

Went to the ID thing and lo and behold the concern was not over my HIV viral load, but that the syphilis antibodies (yes I've had it, the cure being a big injection in each ass cheek) had increased. This could be either a small variation in antibody levels meaning absolutely nothing, or that I may have been reinfected. If you're sexually active with a lot of partners syphilis is pretty hard to avoid. You can get it from oral sex for example. So I guess they're doing they're job and keeping an eye on such things for me. No biggie if I have it again, meh, what's a bit of syphilis when you've got HIV? Couple more big injections, whatever

I asked about the fatigue that seems to be such an issue. Being that I was on dialysis it's accepted that for about 6 months after it at least you're fucked and still recovering. Perhaps I'm just being impatient.

No comments:

Post a Comment