Sunday 5 June 2011

He's a bit depressed

Spent the night over at where Simon is looking after. Can't believe how much that dog needs to be walked. I went with him this morning for one of the daily walks and it must of been about a fuckin kilometre! Said to him "I didn't realise we were going on safari!". I could never own a dog like that, way to much work and time. Cats just sit around a that, look after themselves mostly. Very good of him to do that for his friend. She's gone to England for 3 weeks to visit her mother and other family. Massively long flight. Simon has been back and forth a few times on such a trip, said it's something like 48 hours altogether spent in the air, to get there from this part of the world. I can't imagine. She has gone via Hong Kong, and then over Europe I suppose.

He was in quite a depressed mood last night, poor thing. Got him to talk about it. His little dog is quite sick back in Lightning Ridge, may even be dying. She's ten years old and has some gland problem that she puts on heaps of weight. His cars on it's last legs too and he doesn't know what to do about getting another one. Think you generally need a car out there. I'd help him out but am in dept up to my eyeballs myself. And the weather here is Sydney was absolutely shit when he got here last week. Raining and unseasonably cold. Mid winter temps already. In fact this is the coldest May in Sydney for 41 years. 

But anyway it was good spending the night with him. We both feel better about things when we're together. Going out this afternoon for a bit of a drink. He wants me to spend a few nights around there through the working week. Dunno it's just incredibly hard to get it together to know what to take for that time. It's work as well as overnight. This brain injury is telling at times like that. Last night he came and got me, and after we got there a few hours later, I realised I'd forgotten all my pills. He couldn't believe it that I could forget something so important, suggested I go without them for one day. Um, not an option, you can't just stop the anti-depressants like that, even for a day given the high dose I'm on. Blood pressure pills yeah OK, but not them.

Come back home on the bus, it's really not that far. Made sure the cat was fed. Then had to look online at one of my credit card transaction history things as I disputed a transaction last week on it. The bank ended up cancelling it. But still there's another two transactions on there that I didn't do, both adding up to about $600. I rang the bank again, printed out another dispute form that I have to mail in to them way down in fuckin Melbourne FFS, and then they credit it back to my account. Wrote on the form I'm going to close the account, am not impressed. Have only had it for about 4 or 5 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment