Tuesday 17 September 2013

ABC's "My Own Choice" doco - Euthanasia

The 4 Corners documentary "My Own Choice" is now viewable for free at the ABC's site Iview. It tells the story of an Australian wanting to have the freedom to chose when he wants to die. I've not watched it myself yet as we were doing stuff last night when it was on telly, but will most likely watch it today online.

Here's the direct link to the show. Think it's viewable there for the next couple of weeks for free. It's a 5o minute or so doco (no adds) but I'm sure it'll be well worth the watch. 
http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/42484

Again, I'm pleased to see the subject of Euthanasia finally getting main stream national media attention. And as usual it's religion that stands in the way of progress, in this case progress that would vastly relieve suffering for many of the dying. Believe me, I know what it's like to watch a loved one slowly die in immense pain, being kept alive when they just wanted to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment