Thursday 27 September 2012

Baseball bat reality

Today I have my review for how I'm going with the form from hell (Housing assistance). 

Yesterday I picked up the psychologists support letter. And what a tragic tail it contains. Thought I was used to reading about how fucked in the head I was, but this one for some reason seems especially dire. Two pages of dire-ness. Maybe I shouldn't have read the thing, I dunno, but I did want to scan it to keep it on file for any future reference if needed. Got rather depressed last night after seeing that. 

I try not to think about these things generally, but reading such a factual and straightforward document that explains it all in such a clear and concise way.... it can be like reality hitting you over the head with a baseball bat. Not the most pleasant thing.

So I guess just keep plodding on as usual. Am feeling a bit better today about it. Think it was a shock at first read. Wonder what the housing bloke at ACON with think of it. This is something that perhaps could be given some more thought by the various arms of gov, that engaging in an exercise like this form also involves getting reminded of things that would rather be forgotten. 

As I've said, I already went through most of this with the disability pension application. If the Federal Centrelink people could talk to the State Dept of Housing people, all this duplication could have been avoided. At the moment I feel like I'm just coming up with more paperwork to justify the existence of more paper-pushers. 

I appreciate all the help available from gov of course, but all this bureaucracy is just fuckin bullshit man. I'm sure there must be more efficient ways to provide said services to me without me drowning in the bullshit they're feeding me, or having to jump through fuck knows how many hoops. FFS how many more gov depts do I have to individually prove to that I actually do have HIV and I'm not just pretending?

How long is this application going to take to go through I wonder? Does it take the NSW Dept of Housing the same amount of time to "attach" a document to my file as it does the Dept of Human services (i.e. one week)?   

No comments:

Post a Comment