Friday 14 September 2012

My first trip to ACON

Strangely, after all this time, I've never actually been to ACON. All the support services I've accessed have been with other agencies or clinics. As I need help with the housing assistance form though, I was referred there the other day from BGF

It's just getting the same bus to Central and then walking from there a couple of blocks. I saw a bloke who knew all about the Housing forms and how to go about it. Was in there for quite a while, as there was a lot to take in. I go back in a couple of weeks for a review to see how I'm going with it.

There is of course a lot of things to get for it. Supporting documentation from people and services I access, plus another medical assessment. Also everything about how much I get and how much I have. Again, I already just done all this with the Centrelink DSP, and now have to do it even more with Housing. 

Sent off a couple of emails this morning. Oh my psychologist will be so pleased to see I need another bloody report! They even want one off the $guru FFS! I mean WTF is going on here? It's like I'm guilty until I have to put together a War and Peace document saying I'm legit. Would be so much easier if the NSW Dept of Housing actually talked to the national Centrelink offices! Doing all this shit is going to take ages. Fuck, do they honestly think I'd go through all that getting the DSP, and then suddenly become  intent on lying about myself? It's completely illogical. Surely there should be at least parts of the DSP application available to other gov depts that the application is relevant to? I'm so tired of this shit.

*breathes deeply*

Anyway I'm just going to have to plod through it a bit at a time and see where I get. Am very encouraged though by the direction (and friendliness) that ACON has been able to provide so far. Things definitely starting to look up with the form from hell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment