Tuesday 25 September 2012

Smooth sailing (so far) with form from hell

Have been printing out bank statements for the form from hell. Also the latest payment statement from Centrelink. When I logged on to Centrelink it wanted me to set up an all encompassing login for australia.gov.au which would be linked to everything, meaning I could access Medicare, Centrelink, and Dept of Human Resources all from the same place with one login. Been putting it off for a bit, so did it today. Wasn't hard at all, and was even able to use the same secret questions as with the Centrelink login.

Anyway printing the stuff out wasn't such a hassle. Seven pages worth. Amazingly nothing at all went wrong with the printer (it has a mind of it's own) and there were no delays. The working account that I have the debit card ended up being 3 pages with a months transactions so even that wasn't so bad. Lucky for the internet or I'd have to be traipsing around to all these places to get everything. This form is nightmare enough without doing that as well. 

Looked at the money in the big account and I've not gone through much of it at all so far. I do live rather frugally. Thought would've gone through more by now. Haven't looked at the thing for nearly a month, just have the auto thingo set up on it to transfer enough for the rent each week so can just leave it without worrying. First time I'd looked at the working account too for weeks. All these auto thingys make it so much easier, takes the hassle and worry out of sitting there each week going through it all.

Was reading earlier they're talking about getting rid of large cash denominations, like the $50 and $100 notes. The Reserve Bank is saying eventually there'll be no need for large cash payments with all the cards around now, and to keep them simply encourages the cash economy. I dunno if it'll happen, doesn't bother me as it's mostly cashless anyway at the moment. 

Those big payments I did to pay the debts, can't imagine going into a bank, withdrawing it all in cash, then going to another bank and paying there. I don't even have a cheque book, that went out years ago. If someone gives me a check (can't remember the last time) I have to get the bank teller to fill the details out on the deposit slip as I don't know how to do it any more. Went into the chemist other day to get prescriptions and they had this new fangled thing where you just tap the debit card on it and hey presto it's paid, anything up to $100. WTF?

I also got a letter emailed today from the $guru, the support letter for the form I was waiting for, just waiting on the one from the psychologist now (they're always entertaining to read). Got the medical assessment done yesterday at the doctors. It all does seem to be going smoothly so far with the form, it was just that mental block at the start that was near impossible to get past.  

No comments:

Post a Comment