Friday 14 September 2012

Trip to Maroubra beach

I decided I had to severely get out of the house today. The form from hell has been plotting my depression apparently, and I think it actually has some kind of hateful intelligence. I can almost hear the thing mocking me from the table. I wonder if the Australian Christian Lobby has had some input in creating this bloody nightmare form for me. I doubt it, but they may have had a subversive in the NSW Housing dept that came up with it? It seems like this form is simply made to make things as difficult as they could possibly be in actually filling the thing out.

Anyway, I've not been down the beach for years. Maroubra is the most accessible by bus, only a 10 minute bus trip away in fact, and there's two routes that go there from here so it's a max wait of 15 minutes at the bus stop. I had to get out, and go somewhere fuckin different. So today I went to Maroubra beach.

Even when I went there last it was by car and to the south end where there's nothing but the beach and the surf lifesaving club. So the main beach bit has been I reckon 15 years or so since I've seen it? I was impressed I must say. Last time I was at that actual bit the place looked like a bloody dump, and the pub was shut down for renovations or some shit. Ugh, oh the nightmare..... WTF is the point of going to the beach if there's no fuckin pub across the road? I ask you!

Unfortunately we've had a full on cold snap here in Sydney, evidently Spring has taken a holiday for a bit. So I was gritting my teeth with a strong onshore wind. It was however very nice indeed. The hard core's were still surfing out there, and there was the mist of salt and sea hanging over the whole beach (don't think the camera was sensitive enough to pick that up). A lovely fresh smell. Wonderful.

Once I was frozen nearly to the bone from the wind, I then decided to enter the refurbished pub across the road. Now this is a pub I can be happy in! heavy rock on the jute box, and locals not pretending to be anyone except who they actually fuckin are. I loved it. I'll be back there. I've found a place to relax, only a ten minute ride from home.


No comments:

Post a Comment