Sunday 2 September 2012

Bowl cancer screening program

A few letters came when I was away. One of them was from the gov asking me to take part in a screening program for bowel cancer. This is the letter (personal details erased). Click to enlarge:

I dunno if I can be bothered. But then again I guess bowel cancer would be a pretty horrible thing to get. 

The concern I have is that being a sexually active gay, well, um...... how do I put this...... Let's just say finding the odd bit of blood in my bowel motions may not in fact have anything to do with cancer......  I'll leave the rest up to the imagination.....

Not to mention other issues. Being as HIV resides in the lower bowels, what effect (if any) would that have on the test results? Not to mention a couple of kidneys not entirely firing on all cylinders. 

And what if after all the testing they found out I actually did  have bowel cancer? That would be just my fuckin luck wouldn't it. How would that affect me mentally after all I've been through? To be honest, I really don't think I'd want to know. And imagine the treatment I'd have to go through with all that, chemotherapy and everything. I dunno if I could face that, or even be bothered. Would be ironic wouldn't it, after all this with HIV, and end up carking it from bowel cancer.

I'll wait and see what they say in the invitation package when it arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment