Sunday 9 September 2012

Next step: "Private Rental Subsidy - Special"

Last year as I started working only 3 days a week, I looked into the possibility of getting housing assistance. It was a while ago now, about year, so I can't remember all the details. I never went forward with the application as my income was over the income limits to qualify even though I was only working 3 days. Also the forms are daunting, took a look at them and just pretty well gave up. If I was going to hassle around with one of these nightmare gov War and Peace forms, getting all the required supporting documents and all, I'd want to be pretty much guaranteed of success. I wasn't back then because of my income.

Now however, currently getting only a part payment from the Disability Pension (due to the redundancy payout from work) and a bit of interest from the redundancy money, that's not a hell of a lot I'm getting and will easily fall within their income limits now. I'm actually using the redundancy to live off at the moment as the part Disability Pension isn't enough. I think my daughters pay will go into the calculation too, but she's only doing child care while she's studying to get her qualifications and doesn't get a hell of a lot. This week she was off for two days with that gastroenteritis, which meant she couldn't pay any rent at all. 

Private Rental Subsidy - Special

The Private Rental Subsidy Special  is a longer-term housing solution that does not require a client to move into social housing. To be eligible for a Private Rental Subsidy Special , clients must:
  • Be eligible for social housing (for more information, go to the Eligibility for Social Housing Policy), and
  • Meet the criteria for priority assistance (for more information, go to the Eligibility for Social Housing Policy), and
  • Be diagnosed as HIV/AIDS positive, as documented by a medical practitioner, and
  • Provide evidence from a health or community expert as to how the person’s HIV status impacts on their housing and locational needs, including carer and support services needed, and
  • Provide evidence as to how the Private Rental Subsidy Special  or social housing allocation would help resolve that need. 
 Link

The $guru told me the other week to come and see him if I had any problems doing it. Have emailed him a couple of questions and he said to come in and see him, so I'll ring Monday to get an appt for that. I've found the form from last year, and honestly it looks pretty diabolical. I'm definitely going to need some help I reckon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment